Monday, January 9, 2012

Great Podcast Series!

Brethren, 

I have a found a GREAT interview with R:.W:. Brother Jerry Butler on X-Oriente, a masonic podcast. For those of you who do not know, he is an internationally acclaimed Soul pioneer and singer. Although he is from my parents generation, as a child, I grew up listening to his music- my parents didn't buy a lot of new records as adults. I've posted the interview here for your edification. It's pretty good, and provides a perspective of Masonry that I believe is most understood and manifest in our elder Brethren, due to their years of accumulated wisdom derived through life experience.

Keep looking to the East!



Here's what the interviewer had to say:

"Back in November I had the opportunity to sit down with M.W. Bro. Jerry Butler. Bro Butler is one of the founding members of the Impressions, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, A Past Grandmaster of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge in Illinois, and a Cook County Board Commissioner. He is also a wise, compassionate and wickedly funny guy.
I went to see him to learn more about how Prince Hall Masonry differs from my own. What I found is that we many more similarities than differences. Special thanks to Bro. Butler, to Bro. Ryan Priester, To the guys of North Star Lodge No. 1 and to Arc Music for granting permission to play some of Jerry’s Music. If you’d like to explore, it can be found on the iTunes Music Store
This episode was brought to you by Stone Guild Publishing, publishers of Morals and Dogma for the 21st Century . Please visit them and help support X-Oriente!"

No comments:

Post a Comment